To change Facebook page name to a new desired name or maybe you bought a Facebook page and decide to change it to your desired name is most times hellish because Facebook hardly approves change of name if your delete the old name and input a new name.
Facebook believes you knew the main purpose of the page before and during creation and hence you shouldn’t change the name of the page easily and also to avoid some scammers from using their platform for scam.
To change Facebook page name, follow the simple steps below:
- Login into your Facebook account
- Go to your Facebook page list and choose the page you want to edit the name (that’s if you have more than one page you are admin).
- Click on about
- Under ‘General’ locate name and click on edit to edit the page name.
- ON the page name edit column, add the desired name you wish to append or change to the existing page name, but be sure to take note of the words count. (for instance, I want to change my page from Web Tech Garden to Africans forum). Don’t delete the web tech garden to add Africans forum rather simply append the Africans forum to the web tech garden and apply for a name change. With this method, Facebook will easily approve the name change and your page name will now be Web Tech Garden Africans forum.
- After 2 to 3 days, you can now remove the Garden and re-apply for a page name change with Africans forum. Facebook will now see it as a page name edit and will approve it.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully changed your Facebook page name.
Note; the ultimate rule and guide to change Facebook page name is:
Don’t remove your old Facebook page name and add a new one instead append the new name to the old name and apply for a change of name.