To insert header and footer code into a WordPress website can sometimes be stressful and risky for novice in coding.
Inserting the header or footer code at the wrong place can make the entire website to breakdown especially if you play around the functions.php file.
basicllay most header code are for site ownership verification and the code are always placed between the <head> …</head> before the closing tag.
To avoid any confusion in WordPress, the best method is to use a plugin to perform this task. The best plugin for this is Insert Headers and Footers by WpBeginner.
- From your WordPress dashboard, navigate to your plugins page and click on “add new”.
- Type in Insert Headers and Footers.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Go to settings >> Insert Headers and Footers.
- insert header or footer code you wish to add, scroll and click Save. You can add more than one header at footer code, just make sure you space them.